Tuesday, November 21, 2006

My little secret unveiled

I had decided from the very beginning that I wasn't going to tell anyone about my Invisalign trays (except for my husband), testing to see if anyone would notice. My chance to try it out on my mom came about a week and a half after I had gotten my 1st trays.

We went over to her house for dinner, and talked and talked for a while before that. Right before we started to eat, I excused myself to go to the bathroom to remove my trays, and discreetly put them back in afterwards with no one noticing.

Finally, before we left that night, I told her I had something I wanted to show her. When I pointed them out to her, she was really excited, but mostly relieved. RELIEVED?? Yes, relieved. She admitted that she HAD noticed something a little odd about my teeth right from the start, but couldn't pinpoint what it was. She said that she actually thought that, get this, I hadn't brushed my teeth in days, because the spaces between my teeth were so close together that she thought I must have had all this gunk stuck in between them. ?!?!?!?! I have to say, I did know what she was talking about, because having the trays in does make your teeth less....outlined individually. But to think that it was the result of a total lack of dental hygiene? I'm not sure I would have jumped to that conclusion, but it was pretty hilarious nevertheless.

My husband thinks they just make my teeth look really wet, and therefore, unnatural in that way. However, he's still pretty astounded that they are so undetectable.

No comments: