Tuesday, November 21, 2006

2nd trays

My 2nd trays have definitely been the worst so far in terms of pain. Not pain from my teeth being sensitive, but pain from my tongue getting sore.

The area at the bottom center of my bottom trays usually catches the underside of my tongue somehow, and this tray was relatively brutal. I had a sore for days, and was lisping badly because I was trying to alter the way I talked to avoid contact in that area. Funny thing is, one of the girls at the ortho's had forewarned me about the 2nd tray being the worst.

She had been the one giving me my free consultation, and coincidentally enough, had similar dental problems to mine. She was also going through an Invisalign treatment, and was nearly done. It was great to be able to talk to someone who understood on that level what kind of treatment I would most likely be going through. She and I were able to relate to each other in many different ways, so it was a nice bonus. She was definitely right about alot of the experiences so far!

So here are what my teeth looked like at the end of the 2nd set of trays. Notice I'm posting this now, in November, when I ended my 2nd set back on October 4th. Yes, I've been extremely busy and haven't had the time to pay attention to my blog. Better late than never, though!

Front center showing top and bottom:


Upper:


Lower:


Normal smile:


Not much movement so far, but I know they're working my back teeth first in order to make room for all the ones in the center that are crooked and need space to get straight.

No comments: