Tuesday, November 21, 2006

5th trays & my 1st Oops!

Now, for my 1st Oops!

I had been warned about it from my ortho, Trish, and everyone else with Invisalign: "BE CAREFUL ABOUT THROWING OUT YOUR TRAYS BY MISTAKE IF YOU HAVE THEM BALLED UP IN A PAPER NAPKIN!!"

Of course it had to happen to me at least once. Luckily, it happened on the very last day of my trays, so there was little of any harm done.

Again, no problems whatsoever with this set. I can't believe how quickly time is flying by with this treatment! I love it! I know I'm not going to see real results until the last 4 sets of trays, but it's still really exciting that I'll be about halfway done with my treatment at the beginning of the year. We all know how quickly the holidays go by, and the holiday season is definitely upon us.

Going on a tangent.....I love Christmas -- it's my birthday (besides someone else's....what was his name again? lol), so I'm totally into it. But, some people (like our neighbors) are TOO into it. It's not even Thanksgiving and they have ALL their Christmas decorations up. And I mean all. One has a bay window in the front of their house, where they proudly display their all white Christmas tree, which is very nice, except for the ROTATING BASE UPON WHICH IT SITS AND SPINS. I kid you not.

The day after Thanksgiving, our neighborhood turns into Disneyland with all the lights people put up. It's a major competition around here. My husband and I decided we'd do something different from the rest of the neighbors the first year we moved here, and love our decision. We got a GIANT 8 foot wreath that goes around our door! Yes, you have to walk through it to get through the front door.

Here's a picture of it with our furry American Eskimo son, Atka:


Adorable, isn't he? Anyway, I can't wait for Thanksgiving to be done and over with, and am looking forward to a nice and quiet Christmas and New Year's this year!

Back to my teeth. Here 's what they look like after the 5th tray:

Center, mouth agape:


Top:


Bottom:


Smiling:


Hope everyone has a happy and safe Thanksgiving!

7 comments:

Penny said...

oh how cute is your dog! Your door looks really cool. I was wondering how things were going since you haven't posted in quite a while (like I should talk lol. Glad things are going good with your trays. My bottom right side doesnt want to fit good so I'm chewing chewing and unconscieouslyyy (never claimed I could spell) grinding my teeth and clinching them. I hope I'm not giving people the impression that I'm mad at them when I clinch my teeth. I also suck on them but I usually don't even notice I'm doing it until the inside of my lips are stuck to the top of the aligners and I'm making lip smacking noises to unstick them. I know I know ...sexy ;)

Thy said...

Thanks for checking in on me, Penny! Your comment the other week had prompted me to start thinking about getting current with my blog again. You ARE quite the ham, aren't you, with your intense stares at the camera demanding attention :) I TOTALLY know what you're talking about with your lips getting stuck to the aligners after you've been sucking on them! That's too funny! So, are you doing it for the same reasons? To get out all that extra spit inside? How come no one ever talked about this unsightly issue before? Maybe you and I are the only ones with this lovely characteristic....yay!

Penny said...

I suck on mine not actually meaning too. When I clinch my teeth I suck at the same time and when I unclinch the inside of my lips are stuck. I don't even notice that I'm doing it until I notice I'm making lots of noise and the inside of my lips are starting to get kinda sore. I also notice I'm doing it too much when I look like I'm baring my teeth at everyone every few seconds as I make funny noises. People already think I'm strange so it doesn't bother me too much :)

Anonymous said...

Thy, your blog has totally cracked me up! I am also wearing invisalign, supposed to wear 18 trays in all (18 upper, 12 lower). I'm on try 8 right now.
I've experienced almost everything you did! That 2nd tray was a killer. The spit build-up in the trays..yuck, no, you're not the only one!!

GMS

Thy said...

I'm glad you're enjoying my blog and have been amused to boot, GMS! Humor is not really my forte, so I'll take this compliment whenever I can get it :)

Isn't it weird hearing all the stories people have about their Invisalign experiences and knowing how much you can really relate to some of them sometimes? It's definitely helped me tremendously knowing that I'm not the only one starving with spit problems - that's for sure!

Do you have a blog or are you planning on starting one?

Keep in touch!

Franco said...

hi thy im franco cavagnaro of peru in sudamerica. very nice your theets. not understand all your theets, but very luck.

Thy said...

Hi Franco! Thanks for taking the time to say hello. I wonder if we are distant relatives because of our last names? My husband is italian, but his family came to the US in the 1600's. We know his family originated from Genoa, Italy. You understand my blog better than I can understand yours! Ciao!