Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Beginning

Hi everyone,

Welcome to my first-ever blog, which I've dedicated to my new Invisalign Journey.

I'll be 33 this Christmas, and passed up on braces as a child, to my regret. I have some relatively minor alignment problems, notably a crossbite on one side of my upper teeth, and slight crowding in the middle of my lower teeth.

I decided to pursue getting Invisalign several months ago, and have really been pleased with the whole process.

Below are some pictures of what my teeth started out looking like, and will continue posting new ones to show how they've progressed with each new tray. The new pictures won't really show my teeth as exposed as they are below. I don't have the plastic mouth spatulas or the fog-free pocket mirror that the ortho had to aid with that :)

If you look at the movie files ( <-- Edited on 9/28/10 to state that the movie files are outdated/faulty since the site only retains the latest file on record...but TRUST ME, they were cool!) of the progression of my teeth, it doesn't look like they move much when you first watch them. However, if you replay them, you'll see the big difference in my teeth placement between the last tray to the first tray very easily. Be sure to watch all 3 angles: the front, lower, and upper views. The ortho started off by filing the bottom edges of my 2 front teeth, evening them out, since I had slightly chipped one, and the other just never smoothed itself out and still had the "Pacman ghost wobbly edges" on the bottom for whatever reason from when they first sprouted when I was a kid. It helped with the molds that had to be taken of my teeth (front teeth that are too jagged make the Invisalign computer program get confused), and made my smile better in under 30 seconds. After that, it was up to the trays to do their magic. Wish me luck, and enjoy reading! Current smile, closed mouth and profile:


WARNING: Gross horror-house-like dental photos ahead!


































No comments: