Friday, September 22, 2006

1st trays

OK, so I got my first trays on Wednesday, 9/6/06. They popped in very easily, and popped out just as easily.

I immediately noticed that I started talking with a slight lisp, and became extremely self-concious about it. However, my excitement about the whole process just made me beam, and I was all smiles, especially to Jimmy, who had decided to come with me for moral support. It's tough getting braces as an adult - Invisalign or not!

I took home 4 sets of trays with me that night, with instructions to graduate to the next tray after 2 weeks. Below are pictures of what my teeth look like after finishing the 1st set of trays. Actually, they are what they look like right now, which is technically 2 days after my 2nd set of trays, but it's close enough.

Here's my current smile (you'll notice that my 2 front teeth are smooth on the bottom edges now from the ortho filing them down to even them out):


Here's my upper, then lower teeth:


Here's my right side, with the crossbite:


Here's what my closed mouth looks like WITH the Invisaligns in. They bulge the slightest bit because your lips stick out a hair more, and you can't fully clamp down since the trays prevent your teeth from completely coming in contact with each other. I'm self-concious about it (I'm self-concious about everything!), and have read from message boards that others are, too. You probably won't notice any difference when you compare it to my other picture where my mouth is closed in the previous post, but it's good to show it in any case:


Next are some closeup shots of the trays in my mouth. You might notice some spit bubbles collecting inside the trays (sorry about the gross factor), but these were the best pictures I could get:


Finally, here's a picture of me smiling with the trays in, but not as close up, so you can see how invisible they practically are, especially for what they're accomplishing:


I'll continue to post more pictures at the end of each tray so you can all slowly see the results.

No comments: