Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Catch me & my dog on Animal Planet this Saturday!

OK, so yes, it's been over 2 years since I last blogged. Terrible. F.

I'm still going through some refinement trays for my pesky bottom teeth. One of the center ones just won't twist. After several attempts through both Invisalign and through my ortho's own trays (since they're faster to make than Invisalign), we're doing 1 more round of Invisalign where I got attachments to 3 of my bottom teeth.

Why is it taking so long, you might ask? Well, truth be told, it's been stretched out because of my busy schedule with business trips. In addition, there were several times I had to delay seeing my ortho again because of performances I was going to be in, and a fear of getting attachments on my teeth that would be distracting.

Performances??? Yep. You see, my dogs and I are a Tricks Performing team. We travel around the area giving performances at different venues (dog events, nursing homes, military bases, fundraisers, charities, cocktail parties, and book signing parties - since my dog was featured in the book).

Through our performances, we've been able to acquire 3 different agents for my older dog, Atka, who was mentioned earlier in the blog. One of these agents chose us to be the ideal representation of Atka's breed on Animal Planet's TV show, "Dogs 101." In addition, we were being considered by the producers to be the "story dog" for the episode as well. In the end, a different dog was chosen, but BOY OH BOY were we thrilled to have been a part of this great show!

Our passion is proper breed education to improve matches with owners and pets, and to decrease the amount of dogs being surrendered at shelters because of mismatches. So, to be able to take part in a national show on a well-respected channel such as Animal Planet to address this very thing was AWESOME!

Which brings me to the title of this post. This Saturday, 10/2/10, we will be on Animal Planet at 8pm for their series, "Dogs 101." Be sure to catch us or set your DVRs for it! Atka is representing the American Eskimo Dog, but you won't be able to miss him with his skateboard and hoop jumping in the studio w/ the white background.

If you'd like to see some of his videos of his tricks and past performances, visit his YouTube page, or send him a friend request on Facebook:

www.youtube.com/AtkatheEskie

www.facebook.com/Atka.the.Eskie

Below is a picture of when we made the cover of a local newspaper for one of our performances earlier this year:



That's all for now. Will try to update you all more with Invisalign-related stuff shortly!

"See you" on TV this Saturday ;)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Thy !

I'm french and I'm not fluent in english. But, I try to understand your blog.
It is very interesting.
Every photo of your teeth is clear, we can see the treatment's evolution clearly.
I just want to say you that you have beautiful teeth, so white !
But, do you plan to remove your black fillings ?

Regards,

Régis from France.

Thy said...

Hi Regis!

Thanks for reading and for your compliments. At this time, I do not plan to remove my black fillings, but it is something to think about for the future. Thank you for the idea!

Thy

Anonymous said...

hello !

How are you today ?
Maybe in the snow...
Like in France (it's already winter !).

Thanks for your last answer.

Régis

Anonymous said...

Hi Thy !

I enjoy to communicate with you.
Like this, I can improve my english ! I lack vocabulary !
By the way, do you know some french words ???

When I look at your photos, I ask me some other questions...
Is your treatment finished ?
About your fillings, are they old ?
Do they move or crack with the orthodontic's movement ?
I would be worried about this problem.

I don't know USA.
I wish that I could visit your country, one time. I dream especially about Rocky Mountains.
I think that landscapes are so fantastic.
Do you invit me in your home ?
(Just kidding !!!)

I wish you a lovely week-end !

Régis

Thy said...

Hi Regis,

Je suis désolé, mais je ne comprends un petit peu de français que j'avais appris de l'école secondaire. Et je n'ai pu écrire ce grâce à "Google traduction". :)

My fillings are very very old, from when I was a young child. They do not move or crack with the treatments, because the entire tooth moves, and not just part of the tooth. It is like frosting on a cake. If you move the whole cake, the frosting is OK. But if you move only part of the cake, the frosting will crack and break.

Are you going through Invisalign treatment now, too? I'm still not done yet, but only because I keep on delaying my treatments because my life is very busy. My doctor and I also keep on fine tuning my treatment to get everything 100% perfect. I'm not in a rush...

Thank you for the compliments on the US landscapes. My husband and I hope to travel our country one day to experience places like the Rocky Mountains, too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Thy,

Thanks a lot for your answer !
Your explanations are clear, I understand you.

Hey !!!
You can write some words in french !!! Very good !!!
Congretulations because french language is difficult.
So, do you plan (with your husband)to visit my country ?
France is really nice and landscapes are various, climates also. There are mountains, forests, volcanoes, vine-yard, beaches, etc... But, if we compare with America, all is small.
I would like to send you some pictures about my village, about where I live... It's a lovely place, nature is great !
If you give me your e-mail... I could show you some pictures.
I have seen video about you with your dogs. It's impressive what you can do with them ! I enjoy !

About me, I'm not going through invisalign treatment. My teeth are in good position naturally. They are healthy. I'm lucky !
I have some few fillings (from when I was teenager) like you. They are old also.
Sometimes, I'm worried because I don't know if they are really toxic ?
Do you know how long can fillings last ?
By the way, I'm amazed because your teeth are so white...
Do you use a special toothpaste ?

Régis.

Anonymous said...

Hi Thy !

Thanks a lot for your new answer !

Régis.

MiamiDentist said...

Glad to hear you're making progress! Keep with it.

Anonymous said...

I nice post and lots of infromation about the provided treatment thanks
inman aligner london

Kristal said...

Read your reply to @regis, good for you for keeping the "black" fillings. I thin kthough they are technically amalgam or silver. Also being an amalgam filled person, I think replacing them might not be a bad idea, since tooth colored ones are better than ever and the possibility of removing any mercury from the amalgams

Dentistwinnipeg said...

You have created a blog that is very attractive to our knowledge has proved very useful information for me.

Invisalign Winnipeg